Vivek Kumar DO, FACC, FSCAI, MBA
Dr. Vivek Kumar is an exceptionally trained General and Interventional Cardiologist. He received his medical degree at the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in Erie, PA as a member of the Charter Class, in 1997. He completed his Osteopathic Internship and Internal Medicine Residency at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital in Pittsburgh PA, then completed Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases at the University of Pittsburgh, followed by completion of Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology (Coronary and Peripheral Vascular Interventions) at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital. Prior to medical school, he received his BS in Chemistry from the University of Pittsburgh and MBA from Robert Morris University.
Dr. Kumar is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, General Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology, and participates in MOC in General, Nuclear and Interventional Cardiology.
He has been recognized as a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and as a Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. In addition, he sits on the Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Advisory board for Gilead Pharmaceuticals, which reviews cutting edge medical technologies for PAH. His particular fields of expertise and interest include (but are not limited to) high-risk coronary intervention, chronic total occlusion coronary intervention, peripheral vascular interventions, pulmonary hypertension and pacemaker implantation.
Prior to relocating to the Sarasota / Bradenton Florida area, Dr. Kumar served as the Medical Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at UPMC Mercy in Pittsburgh, PA from 2005- 2006 and 2009-2016 and also as the Section Chair of Cardiology at the Butler Memorial Hospital in Butler, PA from 2015-2016. He now practices General and Interventional Cardiology at Heart Care Consultants, LLC in Lakewood Ranch, FL.
Dr. Kumar has presented multiple lectures to varying audiences over his 16 years of Cardiology practice, and served as Co-Director of a Peripheral Vascular Intervention Course in 2006 through the Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh. He has also given presentations regarding Heart and Vascular disease to both the general public and children.
Prior to his medical career, he was elected Most Valuable Player twice and Co-Captain of the University of Pittsburgh Varsity Tennis Team. Dr. Kumar participated in multiple Pro-Am tournaments and played and taught tennis professionally. He is also a certified tennis teaching professional from the USPTR and held regional rankings in the Middle States Tennis Association. He is married and has two children. He and his whole family are avid golfers.
Niranjan Seshadri, MD, FACC, FSCAI, FESC, FACP, CCDS
Niranjan Seshadri MD, FACC, FSCAI, FESC FACP CCDS is an exceptionally trained interventional cardiologist. Dr. Seshadri completed a residency in Internal Medicine and a Fellowship in Cardiovascular Diseases from the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, where he distinguished himself as an acclaimed clinician and an academic. He also completed advanced specialty training in Interventional Cardiology (Coronary and Peripheral Vascular Interventions) at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School.
Prior to founding HeartCare, Dr. Seshadri practiced in Santa Fe, New Mexico where he was a coronary and peripheral interventional cardiologist at the New Mexico Heart Institute. He was also an Assistant Professor of Medicine at University of New Mexico School of Medicine. Originally from South India, he graduated at the top of his class with the highest distinction from Mysore University, and received a gold medal for academic excellence.
Dr. Seshadri has published numerous peer-reviewed original papers, invited reviews and book chapters. He has also presented over 25 papers at major National and International Cardiovascular Meetings including the American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association, American Thoracic Society, American Society of Hypertension and the American Society of Nephrology. He has been listed in Who’s Who in America.
Dr. Seshadri is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Interventional Cardiology, Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, Cardiac CT angiography and is a Heart Rhythm Society certified implanter of pacemakers and defibrillators.
He has been elected Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology, American College of Cardiology, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions and American College of Physicians. He has a patent pending for a vascular intervention device.
- Seshadri N, Acharya N, Houghtaling P, Blackstone E, Ellis SG, Whitlow PL. Emergency coronary artery bypass grafting following percutaneous coronary interventions in the stent era. Circulation 2002; 106:2346-2350.
- Seshadri N, Goldhaber SZ, Elkayam U, Grimm RA, Groce JB 3rd, Heit JA, Spinler SA, Turpie AG, Bosker G, Klein AL . The clinical challenge of bridging anticoagulation with low-molecular-weight heparin in patients with mechanical prosthetic heart valves: an evidence-based comparative review focusing on anticoagulation options in pregnant and nonpregnant patients. Am Heart J 2005 Jul;150(1):27-34.
- Shishehbor MH, Seshadri N, Aktas M, Acharya N, Gillinov AM, Blackstone EH, Houghtaling PL, Migrino RQ, Ghaffari S. Comparison of outcomes in patients undergoing coronary bypass of patent versus restenosed bare metal stented coronary arteries. Am J Cardiol 2005 Nov 15;96(10):1416-9.
- Seshadri N, Gildea T, McCarthy K, Pothier C, Kavuru MS, Lauer MS.Association of abnormal exercise heart rate recovery with pulmonary function abnormalities. Chest 2004;125(4):1286-91.
- Seshadri N, Ghaffari S, Stewart WJ. Hemodynamic complications of acute myocardial infarction. Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine 2002; 69:789-92.
- Seshadri N, Robinson K. Homocysteine, B vitamins and coronary artery disease. Medical Clinics of North America 2000; 84:215-237.
Cassandra M. Santiso PA-C
Cassandra Santiso is a board certified Physician Assistant who has been a part of the HeartCare team since November of 2015. She completed her undergraduate training in Biology and Chemistry at the University of Miami. Prior to Physician Assistant school she obtained her Emergency Medical Technician certification. She received her Master’s in Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies at Nova Southeastern University. She is a member of the Florida Academy of Physician Assistants and the American Academy of Physician Assistants.
Cassandra was raised in Sarasota and is the daughter of Carlos Caballero, a concierge internal medicine physician of Private Physician Services. Her older brother is also a Physician Assistant who practices in Urology in town.